The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 31, 1999 at 13:53
Mitch S.
Historic Forum Post
Hi there,

I the Marantz SR-7000 receiverand so far am very happy with itI have a few questions with bass mangement.

I have large mains and small center and surrounds, and have set the receiver up as such. In this setup, however if i listen to a cd in the auto mode the stereo signal doesn't goto my sub unless i select small for my main speakers. It does if I set the surround mode directly to stereo, and not auto. So my dilemma becomes which way to set my main speakers to most simlify the receiver setup for the whole family to use. The answer would be set mains to small and use auto mode. However, in doing so I think all signal below 100 Hz goes to my sub. I am not sure if adjusting my sub's low pass filter to..say 80 hz has any impact on what goes to my mains in small mode, but i think it does in large mode.

Sounds confusing, but I just don't know if there is a way around the 100 HZ crossover of the subpreout when my speakers are set to small I feel the midrange suffers a bit in this mode with the bass diverted to my sub.

Could I run my main outs from the reciver into my sub, then from my subs speaker outs to my main speakers and then just set the subs crossover to whatever value i want?

How will such a setup affect dolby digital LFE etc?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mitch

Hosting Services by ipHouse