Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday September 1, 2005 at 12:31
desert_koi
Lurking Member
September 2005
I picked up the 995V a few days ago.

I've been happy with it so far. The picture looks good, a noticeable improvement over my old DVD player - even my wife says it looks "amazing" which is signifcant as she usually pooh-pooh's all my electronics.

The large portion of the remote control codes stay the say as former Sony multi-disc DVD players so I don't have to re-program all the macros in my Pronto (thank god!). I just need to add few more buttons to allow for easier browsing of all the titles.

The only two bad points I've noticed after two days of use:
1) The large majority of my DVD collection (which is only about 300) don't have titles on them. So, after loading them all the DVD player only recognized about 50 titles on it's own. However, the PS/2 Keyboard interface works very well so I've made good progress in manually typing in the names/genres/directors. This was pretty much what I expected but I know some people would be suprised so it's worth mentioning.
2) The player does an odd mix of tracking DVD's by slot number and content. For example, if I label the DVD in Slot One as "Akira" then replace it with another DVD the player will notice and will blank out the name of Akira. However, if I then move the DVD "Akira" to slot 380 the DVD player doesn't recognize it as being "Akira" - instead I have to re-enter all the information for it (which doesn't take much time).

-Jason

Hosting Services by ipHouse