The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday September 26, 2001 at 23:51
rschaaf
Founding Member
September 2001
Alright I will confess. The unmentioned reason that I bought this unit for my family room is my wife threatened to give me a Chinese haircut if I put a bunch of electronic stuff in our family room with big speakers and all that goes with them. I already filled my TV room up with the good stuff. So the tiny Bose jewel cubes saved my family jewels. I could go on for several pages regarding the downside of their product besides fidelity like no optical inputs for dobly digital(I had to buy an Audio Authority optical to coax adapter for my devices that have dolby digital outputs(they are all optical), no component switching for video so that if you have multiple progressive component inputs(like my progressive scan DVD and HD-100 HD sat reciever(another piece of work)and a Sony TV with only a single progressive input you end up switching cables from one to the other. Any other high priced receiver would takecare of this. The remote is really poor as is RF only, the price is high, the cd player is 1990 level technology(why not DVD for this price, who Knows?), NO DTS support, medicore sound quality, all devices in general must go into your tv then using varible audio out to the Bose so that you are not continually switching remotes when changing sources such as DVD, HD sat, Tivo, etc. etc. You need more??????? But again it is small and I still have my manhood.

Hosting Services by ipHouse