The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 26, 2001 at 00:29
rschaaf
Founding Member
September 2001
For some dumb reasons that I would rather not go into here, I have a Bose Lifestyle 50 Home Theatre system with my Mitz 65 HD TV and 3 sat receivers(Tivo, RCA-480, and Sony Hd-100), DVD player and VCR. I run a MX-500 and am very happy with its performance. However this IR unit will not handle Bose's RF only(why in God's name they in their 3,500.00 unit could not have given your RF and IR both as RCA does in their 200 dollar sat receivers is another question)device so I am forced to use their RF remote as an adjunct to my MX-500 which is a pain.

I looked as some old posts on this topic and it looks like I am out of luck, but thought that some clever mind out their had figured how to convert an IR signal thru some device to RF so that the Bose could understand. Why they feel they need to speak swaili(sp) when everyone else speaks English in this country only they know.

My All in One Home producer 8(which I had before the MX-500 and still think is a very good unit)has a neat feature that will RF a signal to another room where they have a RF receiver that converts to IR for controlling your devices remotely. Works very well if the distance are not too far.

Hosting Services by ipHouse