The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Monday January 7, 2002 at 19:33
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
Cruel; I really like the Yamaha YST-SW320 it is still here along with the Paradigm PW-2200 sub.
I am leaning towards the 320 over the 2200 as the 320 bass is very tight, but the 320 lacks (I think) a very little bit in the music mode(even if the music/movie switch is used), although I admit I left the volume & bass level settings the same.
The Yamaha YST-SW320 lacks NOTHING for movies!
I am probably Cro Magnonish but I will !NOT! start reconfiguring settings from one mode to another! I never had to with the Ken Thx SW & won't with any other either! Short of pushing one easy to reach button.
I find the Paradigm PW-2200 to brutish & "thudy" & even tweeking the sub's settings doesn't solve it.
It responds inappropriately: keys in a scene being thrown on a table create a thud!? In an interview on a TV show the background outside noise drones?! It's like it puts bass where base doesn't belong?
FM radio announcers' voices have a thud thud pud pud? -Not for me & gets the WAF up! For music it's great!
For movies- [after U-571 I think I can qualify for a War Veteran's Pension - I (& my house) got POUNDED!
Collector plates rolled off the wall rails! Pictures tilted! My wife opened the front door & the three dogs vibrated out of the house! Water in the turtle tanks turned to froth & created foaming bubbles-MY GAWD!]
Reviews also only find a little fault with only the 320's MUSIC mode. I have not found 1 review which faults the 800 for anything. I have no WAF with the 320 bye the way! So I figured the 800 should solve my problem. The YST-SW800 will be here anyday.
BUT ...I have also ordered the Paradigm Reference Servo-15 which should be here by Friday.
If I had to choose now:
Between the 320 & the 2200 I would get the 320.
Between the 320 & the 800 I would get the 800 sight unseen & sound unheard.
Between the 800 & the Servo-15 - well I'll know soon enough!!
I will keep you posted re the 800 (& the Servo).
Dougofthenorth (U-571 + 2200= WHEW!!)

Hosting Services by ipHouse