The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday December 31, 2001 at 21:51
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
Bruce/Spiky; I guess the 2 sub issue would tend to cancel out if they were carrying the same signal & placed in such positioning in relationship to each other,the article would then seem to apply.However, should the subs be hooked up split/stereo I think this would favour a better complementation.
As for multiple subs & signals, IMHO I would postulate that there would be 1) some fracturing of the bass injected into the room, & problems with the "steering" of the bass effects. More research then is in order. No?
"Multiple subs can yield smoother in-room response than a single subwoofer. Loading the bass into the room from two or more points can give a better balanced bass throughout the room. However: if the crossover frequency is low, (usually below about 80-90Hz), the best bass will often be with the multiple subs placed next to each other.
-A third sub may be used for the rear surround channels. The Dolby tm. standard calls for a bass roll-off in the rear channels...but "Blockbuster" films often have substantial bass content mixed back into the rear channels. AC3 standards call for more range in the surrounds. Some film lovers feel that having a subwoofer for the rear channel improves impact and realism with such films."
[Link: audioc.com]
[Link: eadcorp.com]

Dougofthenorth

This message was edited by Dougofthenorth on 01/01/02 10:59.30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse