The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday January 10, 2002 at 09:27
RGuess
Founding Member
January 2002
Thanks for the response, I'd never thought about using my PC as a controller Hmmmmm. 1 more quick question, I bought 2 ( budget ) Remotes that claimed to be "learning", but I found that they wouldn't recognise some of my original remotes. The main one was my Pioneer VSX5000 reciever. I know I was doing it right, because, I had success with several other devices. I even put fresh batteries in, just in case that effected the strength of the beam.. I'm sure the Pronto wouldn't have troubles like this...... would it ? That's why I asked how hard it was to program it yourself, in case it fails on the Pronto as well.... I also found these remotes had such a limited number of programmable buttons, it was worthless as anything other than an on/off switch... Now putting aside the color display... ( that's a dream ) how many differences are there between the TS940 / TS1000 and the TS2000, are the capabilities about the same ? I'm bidding on 2 TS100's on EBay, cause to me that looks about the best all around value...

Thanx Again... RG

Hosting Services by ipHouse