Hello all,
First of all here's my system:
Sony STR-1070DB receiver
JVC 32 inch TV (D501?)
Panasonic CV51 DVD player
Hitachi VCR
Polk 800i's, 300i's, KLH sub
MX-500 on the way, using an SL-9000

I just got through adding a second component video cable to my system. I had one cable going from the DVD player to the TV. I rerouted that cable to the DVD in on my receiver and the second cable is monitor out on the receiver to the TV. The problem I'm having now is that about ten seconds after powering on the system the TV screen will flash and then all is fine.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem? Could it be a bad cable? I bought it at Sears so it's probably not a top quality cable. I just purchased a Canare cable and should have it soon. This is my first AV receiver system so I may have hooked up something incorrectly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. BTW, here's a link to what the rear view of my receiver from the Crutchfield site:
[Link: crutchfield.com]

Also, looking at the rear view of the receiver from the above link, can someone tell me what the monitor out connection on the left side is for? I'm assuming I need that connected to my TV for components (like my VCR) that doesn't have any component video connections.

Thanks,
Carter

This message was edited by digital4fun on 02/24/02 17:02.07.

Hosting Services by ipHouse