Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday April 17, 2002 at 03:33
Bruce Burson
Founding Member
October 2001
Larry,

The single connection is no problem. I route all sources into the receiver first, then send a single S-Vid connection out from the reciever to the TV monitor.

So I would just drop the converter between the receiver and TV.

But now I'm concerned with your remark about signal quality. Here's a description of the box in question:

RGB/YUV VIDEO STANDARD CONVERTOR
A handy gadget that can convert composite to s-video (both ways) and either to colour difference YUV or RGB signals. All commonly used connections and switches are on the front panel making for a easy "rack" type installation. Great for connecting DVDs and other video sources to video projectors and large screen TV's with component or RGB inputs.
Technical spec:
Video inputs: 2 x composite (RCA), 2 x 4 pin s-video
Video outputs: 2 x composite (RCA), one composite/Horizontal sync, one vertical sync, 2 x s-video1 x YUV or 1 x RGBHV (switchable)
Audio inputs: 4 x stereo pairs RCA phono; Audio outputs: 3 x stereo pairs RCA phono
Power supply 15v DC 450mA (UK adaptor included); Dimensions 370(W) x 75(D) 50(H) mm
Order Code [CMT7] £199.99

For 200 British pounds, I expect more than just a widget to plug an S-Video cable into an RGB SCART socket. My understanding was that this device will actually upgrade the quality of the signal, not just change the format / standard.

Since I can already set the SCART socket to accept an S-Video signal, the only reason to buy this box would be if I can use it to upgrade the signal quality! I guess I'd better go back to the vendor for more details... :(
Never confuse your career with your life.

Hosting Services by ipHouse