The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday February 20, 2004 at 14:50
wolf359
Long Time Member
February 2004
Yeah it would be massive and put me out of a job.

Philips have wireless speakers on some of there TV sets there are no wires from the TV to the speakers BUT the speakers plug into the Mains! With a thick mains cable that’s quite short in length and more difficult to extend than speaker cable.
Then there is a speaker cable from that speaker to the other rear speaker. So yeah remember wireless speakers are rarely completely wireless.

Speakers need to be powered by some kind of amp the amp has to be powered; power has to come from some where that means Rechargeable batteries or mains. Rechargeable batteries don’t last too long(on the link they brag they last 6 count them 6 hours!) and if you place the rear speakers high you would have to get them down every week/day or so to recharge them!

They do exist
[Link: threedoubleyou.com]
but tend to be poor quality in audiophile terms it means you would use the pre outs from a suitable amp so you would not be using the amplifier circuits in your amp just the processing .many will tell you the amp circuits in Sony amps are not the best in the world but they are a damn site better than in most wireless speakers.

I am only going off what I have seen and heard in the UK if there is an option it most probably is so expensive that you could get someone in to install your speakers and re- decorate to get the sound quality of normal speakers connected to your amp. Compared to wireless speakers.

If there is an option and I am wrong let me know

Wolf

Hosting Services by ipHouse