Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday October 20, 2002 at 02:39
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
McNasty,
yes, that is totally true. I have also lost at least one customer because TiVos have been unreliable. I now hook them up for people who go buy them, and i tell the people that I will not be responsible for anything the TiVo does or does not do. The new ones are indeed quicker to set up because they let you watch live TV while the damn 4-bit memory circuits chew their cuds for four to six hours creating a guide the first time.

I have no idea why it takes so long for the TiVo to change the channels of the DSS receivers. One thing that you have GOT to applaud them for, though, is that when you hit "channel up", the TiVo does not send out a "channel up" signal, it sends out the actual channel number. That way, if someone has messed with the satellite channels at any time, it is instantly correct again. "Channel down" works similarly.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse