Post 4 made on Tuesday September 7, 2004 at 23:26
ZEEK
Lurking Member
August 2004
On 09/08/04 01:03 ET, oex said...
whats the budget? you said not 2k but how about
1900 or 1000 or what. dont be so vague and youll
get decent feedback

I wasn't trying to seem *vague*, I am simply looking for information. I was curious to know what matched up well with the Yamaha receivers. I heard from another source that BOSE and KLIPSCH don't seem to go well with Yamaha even though they make good speakers. I heard that JBL and top of line infinity sound really good. Im not that educated in the matter as you can see from my initial post, I had an RCA with Sony speakers before I bought this Yamaha. Obviously a good receiver with crappy speakers is a bad combination. Since you asked about my budget, all I can say is I am unsure at this point. I know I won't fork out $2k for speakers but I could very well spend up to $1k or even more. What I really want is to have a good surround system so that when I watch movies I get a better experience. I also enjoy music very much and want to be able to have quality sound. I think that music sounds like crap when the receiver is on any setting other than 6-channel stereo. The surround modes just don't do it for music in my opinion. I could also fork at some extra $$$ initially for the surround speakers and then wait a month to buy good mains. I just want to know what the Yamahas like. Especially from those that have them. Thanks for your reply..

JOE,

I am interested in some of the JBL setups I have seen. I need to do some more searching on the matter too. Also, are the Yamaha speakers any good? I have seen some 6.1 Yamahas for pretty cheap which makes me question the quality of the speakers.

Thanks
-Z

Hosting Services by ipHouse