Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday March 17, 2006 at 16:17
DIRTE
February 2005
On March 14, 2006 at 10:48, tes918 said...
I am looking for some input on DVD management.
Forget Kalaidescope!! I have approx. 500 DVDs
on a shelf and a single disc player Sony DVP NS900V.
Looking to make this situation more manageable.
What do you all think. Thanks Tom

Whats your budget and how easy do you want it be?

If you just want an affordable way to access your DVD's but arent interested in forking out more than 1k you can purchase the Sony dvp-cx985v/995 or the new one that has an hdmi out and upconverts for around 350-400 dollars. Pair this up with a Pronto TSU-3000 and do some programming with cover art accessing the dvd slot.

In this configuration you have form and function at about 500-600 bucks! If you want more than 400 discs you can add another changer and still be under 1k.

Heres some tools you will need if you decide to go this route.......To get your cover art and organize your collection: www.intervocative.com
Download the DVD profiler and if you research a little more you can find Lowpro's configuration in the pronto section on this site and use his template to save you a lot of time!

Heres the steps to access the discs with a macro: Stop, Display, Enter, Disc #, Enter, Display. I dont even place any delays in my macro and it works flawlessly as long as your wife doesnt walk in front of you when your controlling the system! Give us some feedback on what you decided on and how its working for you. Good luck!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed with the things you didn't do than by the things you did… Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain, 1879

Hosting Services by ipHouse