The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 17, 2004 at 12:46
Rayman4449
Lurking Member
December 2004
I just received my CX985v in the mail and was happy with it until I started to notice a periodic image flash(best way I can describe it) in between scene/camera angle changes. Upon looking closer, I began to notice that the video image/motion is choppy every so often like it's only displaying half the series of images it should to make a fluid picture. I've only seen a couple of people on the net that have noticed this sort of thing on a different entry level sony player. This is on original store bought DVDs. The Sony 5 disc changer this one was to replace doesn't do this at all. My guess is that it's because it's such an inexpensive unit(entry level) and that the more expensive one wouldn't likely do this.

I am now considering the DVP-CX777ES which is more expensive and is supposed to have better video quality. I was curious if anyone else has seen what I'm describing on either player. I don't mind spending the extra $$ on the CX777ES, but I don't want to have it delivered in only to find it does the same thing.

Any personal experience? Any thoughts? Do you think the CX777ES would do better?

Luckily the place I bought the CX985V will provide a full refund. But, they don't offer the CX777ES, and the other online merchants that sell this unit, have stiff return policies. So going to the CX777ES is a little more risky.

Any sugguestions on where's a good place to go to get one?

I like the Sonys because I've found them to play my DVD-Rs back flawlessly.

Thanks.

Raymond

Hosting Services by ipHouse