The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday January 16, 1999 at 15:50
Chris C
Historic Forum Post
George:
I do appreciate you looking after my interests, and urging me to look at the Pronto. However, I'm currently living in Iceland and must do my shopping over the phone or internet, so its not easy for me to check out the Pronto unless I return my HK.

The main reason I chose this unit over the Pronto was that software was part of the package. After owning an RC2000 (which I like), the configuration software alone is worth the money I paid for the HK. Nothing else was such a pain for me than creating Macros on the Marantz.

If Philips had waited a little longer and released the software with it, I surely would have gotten that unit. I like the looks of it and the size, but the lack of software scared me away. If they rushed the unit to market without software, what else did they skimp on?

I'm not speaking for all HK owners and I'm not putting down any Pronto owners. But I have a unit that works fine with no signs of data losses (I realize its early) and no IR range troubles. I can program all my remotes and macros about 4 times quicker than I did with the Marantz, and make periodic updates or fine tune without starting over.

I would think that you would give an objective opinion on your experiences and leave it at that. I'm glad you found your remote of choice-I think I found mine!

Hosting Services by ipHouse