Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday January 16, 1999 at 14:14
George Mills
Historic Forum Post
It bothers me when people tend to convince others that since it works for them then I don't see what all the fuss is about. On top of that having never even seen a Pronto they have little to compare against. The statistics look like about 50%-%70 have had serious enough problems with the IRIQ to return it and 50%-%30 are happy. While the Pronto looks like %90-%99 are happy.

How many IRIQ owners do you think would be happier with a Pronto than an IRIQ. If the IRIQ works with your devices (or you did not get a defective one) then the IRIQ is "usable" in my opinion and yes it would eliminate all your remotes. But having to hold the remote up to my nose to read the text much like Palm Pilot users user there devices defeats the purpose. The Icons were too small to distinguish them from one another at arms length. I want to relax while I use my system. I can read the display while its in my wifes hand and tell here how to use it.

It's very hard to describe why the screen is better on the Pronto and hard to put a number on it. But the screen is say 50% better. Much like the differnece between a really good Dual Scan and an Active Matrix.

I have complete confidence in Pronto develivering the software. And the software is icing on the cake in my opinion. And will push the Pronto even further beyond the IRIQ.

The activity between the two forums should be a good indication that there is a sharp contrast between the two products. And when they do release the software I hope Daniels server can keep up with the activity. By the way Pronto won some sort of CES Inovation award and that's with out the PC Software !!!

Why does anyone share their opinions on the net?

I continue reading this forum because I curious how it evolves having owned one. If it was not me making waves it would likely be someone else and I don't plan to make career out of it.

The new Pronto software will likely keep me out of trouble for quite a while.

I'm dead serious if your IRIQ return policy has not expired you MUST do yourself a favor and at least go look at a Pronto.

Hosting Services by ipHouse