Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 14, 2000 at 11:14
Akil
Historic Forum Post
I did not want to post this in the other palmpilot thread because I wanted this thread to specifically deal with using high frequency (455 kHz) B&O signals on the Palmpilot.

A little background: All of products that I want to control are from B&O. You may ask why use a universal remote? Why not? Also I'm looking to add some none B&O Products (Sony DVP-CX850D or Pioneer DV-F727).

I've wanted to try this for awhile but I always thought that it was impossible for a few reasons (processor speed and the inability of the palmpilot to learn 455 kHz commands).

I did some research and discovered that the Philips Pronto remote uses the same processor (Motorola DragonBall MC68328) as the Palmpilot.

[Link: pcseller.com]

In fact the Palm Vx and Palm IIIc (color screen version) use the even faster Motorola DragonBall MC68EZ328.

I'm guessing that if any modifications are necessary they would only involve the transceiver since the UART resides on the processor. Is this correct? Another major hurtle was how do I teach B&O commands to the palmpilot.

Thanks to Loran (loranr) and AHP (A helpful Person); I think that issue has been resolved. I also have posted some B&O protocol information for anyone interested at:

[Link: hometown.aol.com]

My goal is create a preset data file of B&O commands for both the
PalmRemote
[Link: hp.vector.co.jp]
And
OmniRemote software.
http://www.pacificneotek.com/

IMHO, All I need now is to take the preset information and format it so that a universal remote program (either PalmRemote or OmniRemote) could understand how to process it, then send it to the UART where the 455 kHz frequency would modulate the signal prior to transmission. Does this sound like it might work?

If neither of these are not viable options, then I will attempt to write my own program.

I have some programming experience but, I'm new to remote control programming and any advice and/or assistance would be very helpful.

Additionally, I would like to use a more powerful IrDA module to give the remote greater range. Do you know of any good transceivers that are IrDA compliant and can operate at the 455 khz frequency?

Hosting Services by ipHouse