Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 81 made on Thursday January 27, 2000 at 23:49
PDD
Historic Forum Post
Becky,

Excellent post. Thanks for your input.

To address your problem: I've never experienced your problem to the extent that you've stated. Every once in a while I push a button (physical or touchscreen) and get no response, but I attribute that to the positioning of the RF receiver relative to my components and perhaps some 'noise' causing slight variations to the frequency in which the RF receiver translates to IR.

My advice to you would be to make sure that when you train your palm with the Denon's IR, be sure that you do it in an ideal location (dim to no lights, tv off, etc.). Basically, an ideal location is one with minimal eletrical interference.

Hope this helps!

Todd,

I agree with your post about possibly having a PC interface. The one advantage of having the Palm and Omniremote software is that they can always develop patches or upgrades to expand the Palm to pretty much whatever we imagine a remote should do. This development is not even limited to pacificneotek, as some other programmers have dabbled with their own ehancements to the omniremote. As more and more people come across the Palm as a URC option, the demand will increase, and so will the development of the software. Thus, by posting, we are doing our part to the progress of the perfect Universal Remote Control or rather how I like to think of it; entertainment controller.

Hosting Services by ipHouse