The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 3, 2005 at 10:45
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
A client recently had a problem with his system. He has a Philips 34PW9847 TV, one of the early HD-capable sets, which came with a Pronto. Maybe.

On the back, it is labeled TS1006. Its programming looks to the naked eye like the TS1000 default programming. I decided to upgrade the firmware on it, just because I have read that is a good thing to do, but then found that the firmware in it is a later version than the update that I have in my files, which I got from this site in 2002. Oddly, the later version that is in that remote is from 2001, about six months before the date on the update I have. I didn't update because of that.

Then a Marantz RC5000i that I bought on ebay arrived. In addition to its RC5000i sticker, it has a sticker with "TS1010" on it.

I know that the Marantz product should never be used with ProntoEdit, but what is a TS1006? Does it act like a TS1000? How about the firmware versions and dates? Are there other TS's out there, and should you never mess with one unless it is only a TS1000 or TSU2000?

Thanks.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse