The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday September 19, 2001 at 17:03
descentr
Founding Member
August 2001
While I am very interested in this remote, I can't see paying to beta test it. To be honest, the fact that you are using a dyanmic dns service for your web site concerns me a little. I'm not knocking the little guys, more power to you. However, $100 would buy me three rs-1994's which are gauranteed to work and yours may or may not work at all for me. I am really not trying to be negative, I just have a couple of concerns.

I am extrememly excited to see a commercial venture tackling an end user remote with a PC interface (and USB too!). I think that the web updateable part is very nice since it should always contain the most up to date list of components, but it should not be the only way to update the remote. There should be some client side piece that I can use should your site be unavailable for whatever reason. (ie. if your venture isn't successful, if my ISP goes out if business or has equipment failure, some idiotic virus/worm has the backbones slowed to a crawl, etc.)

If there is an oportunity to beta test that doesn't require an upfront cost, I would jump at the chance to help. Otherwise, I think I will wait and see what Daniel has to say about it. (I am assuming you are sending him one gratis, right?)

Either way, I honestly wish you luck with this,
descentr

P.S. I am intersted in the SmartState feature. If it works by remembering what codes it has sent, then what happens when your wife hits a button and then inadvertantly blocks part of the transmission? (this happens all the time at my house...)

This message was edited by descentr on 09/19/01 17:05.17.

Hosting Services by ipHouse