Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 14, 2001 at 17:06
GlenHarris
Founding Member
September 2001
Hello Remote Central users,

My name is Glen Harris, and I am the Chief Executive Officer of Easy Zapper Inc. We are based in Toronto, Canada, and we have created the world's best universal remote control. We would like to give you the chance to be a part of our Beta Test Program before our November retail launch.

The Harmony is the worlds first 'Internet Powered Remote Control'. This allows you to use your web browser to customize your Harmony online at www.HarmonyRemote.com. Configuration information is transferred to your Harmony through your computer's USB connection (Windows 98SE, ME, XP, 2000 currently supported with more to come).

The Harmony is a very simple-to-use remote control, with only a few buttons and a graphical LCD screen. It has hard buttons for commonly used functionality (Power On, Volume Up, Channel Down, etc), and uses an intuitive scroll switch (similar to that on the RIM BlackBerry) for access to advanced functionality (visit [Link: HarmonyRemote.com] to see a picture).

The Harmony is unique because it includes Smart State Technology (TM). This technology allows you to control your entertainment system as a *true* system without having to program macros. When you select an Activity such as 'Watch a DVD', the Harmony knows to turn on your television, receiver and DVD, set the correct inputs, and then press play. The Harmony is able to offer this advanced functionality even if your devices do not support discrete infrared codes!

With the Harmony, now anyone can easily use even the most complex home entertainment system.

For special applications, you can even use XML to gain access to the low-level platform. This makes it ideal for custom installations, or just to get that specialized behaviour you wish your current remote control had.

We will be launching the Harmony on November 1 in Canada at a retail price of CAD $299 (approx USD $200). We are offering the Harmony to Beta testers at CAD $150 (approx USD $100). In return, we expect to receive your feedback on the product, and suggestions as to how we can make it even better. We are looking for Beta testers who are technically proficient, and who are interested in playing with a truly advanced remote control (i.e. your typical Remote Central reader). We only have a limited number of places available in the Beta Test Program, so if you are interested please apply quickly.

To find out more about the Harmony, please go to www.HarmonyRemote.com. If you wish to become a Beta tester, click on the 'Buy' button to obtain one at the Beta Test Program price.

Thanks for reading this,

Glen Harris
Chief Executive Officer
Easy Zapper Inc.
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse