The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday May 30, 2005 at 09:57
DrJoe
Founding Member
January 2002
If you are turning the device on, you may have to use a longer delay so that the set can turn on. You will need to watch and experiment. 16 minutes (1,000,000 ms) is MUCH too long, and 0.3 sec (300 ms) may be too short.

Experiment.

First, check to see that you can use single buttons to turn the TV on, and once it is on to switch to the right input.

Then, set up a macro button with an alias to those two commands. Initially try a long delay -- 3 seconds (3000 ms). If it works, try shortening it. If it doesn't, try lengthening it. Your TV could be taking 5 seconds or more to warm up to the point of accepting commands. I have found on my system, that 1.2 seconds works for about everything. I try to "stagger" the commands for macro buttons to help -- i.e. turn on A/V receiver; 100 ms; turn on TV; 100ms; turn on DVD player; 1000ms; switch A/V reciver to correct input; 100 ms; switch TV to correct input. This way I have 1.2 seconds between turning on the AV receiver and switching the input and turning on the TV and switching the input. I have a CRT RPTV, and it is the component which takes the longest to turn on to where it accepts commands.

For what it is worth, I also have a delay while turning the system off (after all the "off" commands) for the same reason. The TV needs a few seconds to "turn off" to a state where it will again accept "on" signals.

Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse