Pass:

Original thread:
Post 85 made on Monday March 5, 2001 at 11:11
Glenn
Historic Forum Post
Randy,
See the JP1 group at
[Link: groups.yahoo.com]
There has been a flurry of activity lately with designs for JP1 interfaces that run off batteries or are powered by the remotes batteries. Given this activity it is difficult to guess how many people are still interested in building the original design.
I have ordered a small batch of boards though, and I have placed the design in the public domain at the JP1 group file section. Any group of people that can come up with $60 can place an order for 12 boards through expressPCB.com. Download the design, go to their website, download the software. Open the design in the software, and use the menus to place a board order.
When my boards get in this week, I'll do a test/debug build of one, then I'll report on JP1 on it's success. Then I'll follow the procedure I outlined there for orders on the 9 boards/kits that I can make available.

Duke,
Your experience has taught me something. I wondered what the transformer in my RCA RCU810 was for. It appears from your experience that it's used to step up the voltage to power the backlight. I had hoped it was a secret modem function (as UEIC holds patents on magnetically-coupled modems for remote controls).

Glenn

Hosting Services by ipHouse