Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Wednesday January 3, 2001 at 09:55
The Robman
Historic Forum Post
The number of people signed up to the list is growing rapidly, and many are making upgrade boxes for themselves. As we get more people involved, there will be more code-breaking, more cool software, etc. Keep it coming!

Personally, I have completely re-programmed my 15-1994 remote. I have created a device code for my ReplayTV, Raite DVD player and Sima SVS4 video switcher. I re-programmed the Replay code to be a CABLE code so I could program it on the CBL button without having to change it (with 992), I also re-programmed my receiver code to be a CD code so I could place it on the CD button without changing it, this was so that I could set the volume punch through to the CD button and still have it work, even for the CBL button. (You can only set the punch through to devices other than the TV by editing the memory, you can't do it on the rmeote itself).

One of my VCR's (my Samsumg SV5000) needed quite a few advanced codes to make it work, so I created a new device code for that to save advanced code memory.

I have programmed discrete ON and OFF codes that work each of my two Replay units, so i can easily control which unit is on at any given time, which I do using macros.

The real killer part of all this is that I don't have to completely start over when I want to tweek my configuration as I have it saved on my PC. I can be busy tweeking it downstairs at my PC while my wife is still using the remote upstairs. I only need the remote when I'm done and I want to re-load. If I decide that I need to add one step to the middle of a macro, I just type in the keycode and change the length field, and it's done!

This is really like having a buttoned version of the Philips Pronto for alot less dollars!

Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse