The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday May 1, 2005 at 08:55
Caz
Long Time Member
November 2003
I've just noticed your reply to this on another thread, so here's the answer I posted there:

Here's how to successfully paste a code.
Copy the first code from my previous post ie
5000 0072 0000 0001 0000 0032
Using ProntoEdit, go to the button on your Pronto you plan to use for the dimmer. Double click on the button.
This will open the Button Properties window for that button. Across the top there are four tabs - Action, Properties, Icons and Colors,
Click the Properties tab. If the button already has a code in it you will see in the square window an item with a square bracketed [C]. (Go to ** below if there is nothing in that window) Now double click on that [C] item. It will open up a panel headed Add IR.
*At the bottom there are OK and Cancel buttons, above these are four buttons. If the one on the left says Hide IR>> below this should be the IR code: window... however, if the left button says View IR>> click it to open the IR code: window. If you're with me so far we're almost there.
This is the window into which you paste the IR code you want to use to activate the function (in this case, the dimmer switch). You can label it if you wish by clicking on the Label panel. Now click the OK button and you're done.

Once you have downloaded this into your Pronto, then follow the Varilight instructions on how to teach this code to your light switch. Once your switch has correctly learnt the code you should now be able to sit back and dim your lights.

Any problems, let me know and I'll try to help.
Caz

** If there is no code in the button already you need to create one. On the left of the Button Properies panel there are five buttons Alias, Delay, Set IR, Beep and Timer. Click the Set IR button. This will bring up the Add IR panel (now go to the * paragraph above)

Hosting Services by ipHouse