johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 06/14/05 09:49 ET, ryendry said...
From FAQ's: Learning the preamble and then the
repeated section on seperate buttons and then
combining them in a macro. I cannot get a clean
start to the repeated section.

For Panasonic, there is no difference between the initial signal and the repeating part, and (as you discovered) the signal is long enough that attempts to learn the repeat part (skipping the initial part) tend to learn misaligned garbage.

The FAQ method is inappropriate in the majority of cases, and certainly in this one.

The good news is thet, if you have a clean learn of the whole signal, you have a clean learn of the repeat part (they're the same thing).

If your Pronto can transmit a sequence without adding too much delay between steps, you can generate the desired long KeyPress by just aliasing the original signal multiple times in sequence.

So far as I know, the NG Prontos can't generate sequences with small enough delays between steps and the older Prontos can. I have no idea whether the RC5000 can nor whether there is anything you need to do to tell it to avoid extra delay between steps in a sequence.
Editing the IR Code. It is not possible to add
or replace any Hex codes in the version of Set-Up
(RC5000 Set-Up Ver 2.3.1) so any solution involving
this isnt working.

Are you sure there isn't some "advanced" mode that can be turned on in some other menu to enable editing Hex codes? Some versions of ProntoEdit have that.

Or is there some version of Tonto or ProntoEdit that can edit your config file? Maybe you need a thread titled specifically for how to edit the learned Hex for an RC5000. I expect someone knows that answer. I don't.

You may not need to edit it. Can you copy the signal out and paste the Pronto Hex to this thread? I just want to see if it is clean enough that it could work in a sequence.

Hosting Services by ipHouse