The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday June 4, 2002 at 18:38
MTritt
Founding Member
January 2002
James, I still have one of these remotes and used it for a number of years. I loved it! Don't pay any attention to the the writing above each key. It's there only to allow someone to program in the most commonly used commands, but you can really record any command on any key.

As for the programming, you can record one command per key per bank, making a total of 192 functions (or until you run out of memory - how much memory the thing has is a mystery). The A, B, C, and D keys are there for each user's personal use (say your tuner has four banks of programmed radio stations or you want to program in the power toggles for four pieces of equipment there).

I loved this remote and had commands learned everywhere, but only I knew where each command was. When my fiancee couldn't operate my system and was forced to watch tv in the bedroom when I'd go out of town on business, I knew it was time to upgrade to something more intuitive.

What are you doing with 16 of these guys? Knowing the age of these units, I would assume the lithium batteries would be dead by now. I had to replace mine a few years back.

Hope this info helped you.

Merrill

Hosting Services by ipHouse