The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 13, 2002 at 14:11
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
I've got 16 BSR model LRC-1 remotes. I've searched the net, and can't find any supporting information on them. I can't even locate a BSR support site, and consequently assume that they are now a defunct entity. From what I can ascertain, they were a somewhat large marketer of audio equipment that apparantly met their demise around 1993 or so. The enclosed instructions were paltry, and extremely terse. From what I can gather, the remote is a 100% learner, with no programmed library of codes. Thus, it appears that you first have to have the device's original remote, or at least a remote that contains the code library for the particular device. The remote, itself appears to be able to "learn" codes for at least 6 devices, more if you don't use all the buttons while in a particular setting.
In addition to the switch to select the six devices, the upper section has indicator lites for "send", error, and battery. This section also has the 2 buttons labelled "learn" and "delete".
The middle section has 20 buttons: numeric keypad 1-0; power; channel up and down; volume up and down; "+"; "-"; "alt"; display; and mute.
The lowest section has 12 buttons: A,B,C,D (which I assume are 4 device selector keys); with the other 8 buttons assigned the typical vcr keys, Rec., Video/TV,pause, power, FBWD(fast rewind?), play, F.FWD (Fast forward?), and stop.
I'm not sure if this layout means that you can "teach" in 24 different vcr type devices (4 different in each of 6 device mode setting) or not.
Any help or info on these would be greatly appreciated

This message was edited by jamesgammel on 03/13/02 14:18.35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse