The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 66 made on Friday November 12, 1999 at 08:35
Russ S.
Historic Forum Post
Brad,

You are correct in what you said. First you use the four digit code for your particular piece of equipment and that is programmed on to the Device key. THEN, if there is a function missing you can program one of the three digit advanced codes on a key (not your device keys). To test out the three digit advanced codes you need to first press the appropriate Device key to put the remote in that mode. Then you just need to press the P key followed by the three digit advanced code. This is a good way to test the advanced code before you actually program/remap it to a key.

Also, remember that the Learning memory is completely separate from Macro/Remap/Advanced Code memory. Don't be afraid to Learn a few keys. If all you did was Macro/Remap/Advanced Coding, then you will still have a lot unutilized Learning memory. Move some of the Advanced Coding over to Learning to free up some of the memory so you can have more macros.

Albert C,

You are correct. The first button press after the 9*9*5** is the button that the macro will be placed on. You can put a macro on any button except for the P and the Device Buttons (and maybe one or two others that I have forgotten about).

Jim,

I would think that the RS remote would be a good alternative for you and save you about $50. I have the same devices (not brands) that you have plus a DVD player and I have no problems. I can't give you any information on the 8000 because I have never seen it. But, there isn't any reason that I can think of that the RS wouldn't be able to do anything that you wanted it to do (within reason of course). Also, Radio Shack has a 30 day return policy so what do you have to lose? (except for $50 by going with the 8000!!)

I would recommend to everyone that wants more detailed information on how to program the RS to thoroughly read the One For All forum. They have put the Cinema 7 through it's paces and almost everything they can done on the Cinema 7 can be done on the 15-1994.

Hosting Services by ipHouse