The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday May 28, 2004 at 05:22
Delysid
Lurking Member
May 2004
Hey, thanks guys for the additional info. Sounds like my madcap scheme to do a quick & dirty work-around with a cheap univeral remote won't work. Oh well.

I found the Canadian distributor of One For All remotes: AVS Technologies. They have quite a good website with interactive feature comparison tables and a listing of stores in Canada that carry each OFA model:

[Link: avs.ca]

Their list price for the 8811 is CAN$35, similar to the cost Rob quoted for buying from hifi-remotes.com after conversion & credit card fees. I'll phone the local stores tomorrow to see what they're actually charging.

For other Canadian readers, the chains listed as carrying the OFA 8811 model are Stereo Plus and Visions. It also says "available at other fine retailers," so it might be worth checking other stores too.

By the way, I went to the Canadian Radio Shack website, and the 15-2116 remote is listed there as "available soon" with a cost of CAN$60. It has an LCD screen so is probably equivalent to the higher OFA model 8911.

Thanks again Ron, Rob, et al. As promised, I'll post the final results of my efforts for any future readers facing a similar problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse