The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 14, 2003 at 19:08
fcolliga
Lurking Member
April 2003
Does anyone out there have the "toggle" codes for Philips/Magnavox Smart Series TVs? I have the TP3684 TV with RCU81B remote control. Based on a problem I am having getting Pronto to work with my TV (see post: [Link: remotecentral.com] ), I believe my remote uses parity bits, resulting in the remote sending out one of two different alternating IR codes when certain buttons are pressed. The trouble is that I only seem to be able to learn or capture one of the two codes. This is making it impossible to write reliable macros since I don't know what the alternate codes are.

I was hoping that someone may have already gotten the codes for their Philips/Magnavox Smart Series TV and would be willing to share the knowledge. I am trying to get the information from Philips, but not having a lot of luck. (Grrrr... it irks me that their own Pronto remote doesn't come with a codeset in the database to support one of their own TVs -- a TV which is only 3 years old).

If Philips responds to me I will be sure to post the knowledge here. Meanwhile, if you have the information stashed away somewhere, please send it to me or post here. Many, many thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse