Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday January 20, 2007 at 10:35
frank52
Lurking Member
June 2004
Thanks again for all of your responses.
I have been reading a lot about the BLU-RAY and it does not seem to be getting off the ground like Sony had predicted.
In the Home Theater arena at least.
They keep on talking about it taking off once PS 3 comes on the market....which it has and the dealers in my area are selling Toshiba HD-DVD players alot more than BLU-RAY because of the price of both player and cables.
How many of those people who bought a PS 3 are really going to go out and purchase a BLU-RAY player strictly for HT? These PS3's are really popular so much so that they are still unavailable at least in my area and the prices that some people are selling them for because they had bought two or more are really crazy.

Personally I really like the Toshiba HD DVD player. It has a great HD picture. It's cheaper. There has not been any shipping problems due to manufacturing, there have been no recalls on these things as with the BLU-RAY. Again they are cheaper!

Also I read that the next HD-DVD player from Toshiba has been teaming up with a company called Silicon Optics and the picture and sound are even better.
I am not sure when it is coming out, I think in April.

Yellowlt4........I have a Toshiba 5disc player now for five years and it is still running like a champ!!!
I also have a Sony 777 and it is a awesome player but when I did purchase it I had to return one because it was not working right.
Have not had a problem with the new one since.

Hosting Services by ipHouse