The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday January 18, 2007 at 21:52
frank52
Lurking Member
June 2004
Thanks for your responses. I have been tempted to purchase a Toshiba HD player for $400.00 but the only thing holding me back is the idea that these companies are not sure which format will survive. Plus with my setup and layout I would need a 35' HDMI cable. Now you are talking about a few hundred dollars more.
$400.00 for a DVD player and another $200-$300 for a cable???
Sounds crazy.
Right now my Infocus displays a beautiful picture and the expense of HD and Blu-Ray not to mention the cables has me disgusted. I do not mine spending money ,even a lot of money for a piece of equipment but your are crazy to spend your money on something that might not be around by next year.
If there was one format or the agreement of both formats co-existing the prices would be lower. I didn't even mention the expense of the discs themselves....$25.00 to $35.00 a pop.
We better not hold our breaths about the prices dropping all to soon either because I have read where Blu-Ray and HD will not reach half of the market of consumers who have standard DVD playing until the year 2015.

Fish

Hosting Services by ipHouse