Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday September 14, 2005 at 00:08
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 09/13/05 16:04 ET, rsbrux said...
Tonto treats gallery.ccf just like any other CCF
file.

Then you can open it and modify it as I suggested. Just remember you have to close and reopen the program for the gallery to change to your modified version.

I originally used the CHAD gallery as the
basis for my panels and then used Tonto's conversion
features to "colorize" it (since CHAD is monochrome).
Even in CHAD or PE, the gallery file seems only
to be the source of templates.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but once you copy a graphic into a ccf, you have, well, copied it into the ccf! If you go back to the gallery and DELETE the graphic in the gallery, that won't delete its copy in the ccf. Similarly, any other changes you make in the gallery will not affect existing ccfs.

Once things are
in the target CCF, changing gallery.ccf doesn't
seem to affect them.

Like I said.
One curious result of this
is that my colorized keys in Tonto are now a slightly
different shade from my colorized gallery. This
is kind of annoying, since I had to add some new
buttons/panels, and they no longer match the old
ones. I have no idea how this happened, but maybe
I can fix it using CCFtools, as suggested by Lyndel.

I ran into this when going from one color program to another, even with a small number of colors. Only sixteen, I think.

The solution for this is a pain -- open the galery ccf, open its button, and SAVE the graphic. Then, open the ccf, go to the button with the slightly different color, and LOAD the graphic into the button. Or you could go another way, and save graphics from the existing buttons, then load them into buttons that come in with slightly different colors. If you need a button size that you didn't happen to use, though, you will be stuck with the new slightly different color. Now that I think of it, that argues for changing all colors to the new colors. Really tedious and dumb, but doable.

Unfortunately, CCFdecompiler went on strike,
even on the CCF file I first (successfully) tried
it on. Having read that Tonto files sometimes
get a little weird, I ran the file through PE
4 and got CCFdecompiler output again. I hoped
this would also clean out the unused icons, but
no such luck!

Are you talking here about unused icons in a ccf, that is, icons that are there but have no commands? The delete key takes care of them. Are you talking about icons that you deleted from the gallery.ccf? They should be GONE. I guess I don't understand just what you mean by unused icons.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse