The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Friday April 14, 2006 at 02:22
Nazo
Lurking Member
April 2006
The CL014 is NOT model PM335. 335 is radically different. Actually, PM335 looks like an older cheaper remote to me. Anyway, CL014 is a really cheap 6 device learning remote. The finish (on the top) is silver and it has the kind of shape where it's almost rectangular instead of that really blobby shape like the PM335 appears to have in the pictures I saw.

Anyway, I have a CL014. Actually two of them since they worked so well, though one seems to eat batteries so quickly I don't use it so often after all. I lost my manual probably last year. I haven't had to reconfigure my TV or anything because of the code search, but, now I want to use the learn option to put in codes for something else, only I don't recall exactly how to do this. I googled and found this topic, however, the links are bad. The Gemini-USA no longer seems to exist, and if I use the internet archive I find only codes (for those who need these, look here: [Link: web.archive.org] ) It does explain how to put those codes in and everything as well, but, no mention of learning. I tried the Amazon link and just got a PDF page informing me that the manual is gone and then Adobe Acrobat froze my browser (guess that's what I get for using an adobe plugin.) I tried the Philips and Magnavox websites, but, practically no remotes at all are mentioned, and nothing like this certainly (they only admit to selling the really high end remoted -- the kinds that have LCDs with touch screens and crap like that for Bill Gates to use.) I'm guessing this remote isn't made anymore, but, it's just stupid for me to have to buy a new one just because I can't figure out how to teach it new commands. Besides, this is the only learning remote I've been able to ever find that cost so little.

Does anyone at least have a real model number or something I can work with? I've been searching for hours and just can't seem to find it using simply the little sticker that says CL014 to go on...

EDIT: Bah, sorry. I finally got the archive to load enough to find it on their site. Looks like the CL014 must be the PM625S. From what I understand, the manual for the PM625 applies to this one as well. You can find the manual for the PM625 on this site, here: [Link: remotecentral.com] (Sorry, it's a really long link...)

The CL013 and CL015 would probably be the PM620G and the PM725S respectively to those who have those remotes (I'm just guessing since those are the two most immediately before and after mine on the list.)

I wonder what happened to Gemini-USA anyway...

Last edited by Nazo on April 14, 2006 02:41.

Hosting Services by ipHouse