The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Saturday October 29, 2005 at 20:53
bankrboy30
Lurking Member
October 2005
Hi, I also have the PMDVD6, it's also got the code CLO19 inside the battery compartment. In any event I went through the whole process of programming it to control everything and it works fine with all my equipment except my cable box, which is a Sony from Cablevision...This kills me because all though I hate to admit it, the cable box remote is probably the most important thing I need to control. There are no codes for a Sony cable box at all and the code search thing doesn't work either. On Long Island you either have a Scientific Atlanta box or a Sony...how could they have no codes for a Sony...why do they even sell it here??? I guess my question is that there's no chance that there might be a code floating around for the Sony box that someone would know of. Possibly it's not really a Sony code at all but made by someone else. Otherwise I think I'm just going to return the damn thing -- I mean I can't believe it works my Denon AVR 2500 which has always been the problem child of my equiptment in the past. I've thought about swithching to the Scientific Atlanta box which I've always liked better anyway, but my cable company says I have to have all Sony or all Sci Atl and I'm not going to switch all my IO boxes...that would be a project

Hosting Services by ipHouse