Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 9, 1998 at 15:41
Jason LaCount
Historic Forum Post
I bought the RM-AV2000 tonight and must agree with you. This is by far the most versatile remote I've used yet. I've tried the Marantz RC-2000 as an add-on to a Pioneer receiver, didn't work well together, returned it. Tried the RC-2000 MK-II that came with my Marantz receiver, it was better, still not the best.

I just bought the new Kenwood VR-2090 receiver which is wonderful. That came with their new ultra-way-nifty Powerpad LCD remote. While it looks really groovy, it's basically useless after the receiver is configured. The LCD is there with a similar layout as the Sony, but you toggle or jump around the screen with a thumb joystick rather than touch. As someone put it, "try to pause the movie to answer the phone and you'll miss your call". They're right.

In dire attempt to find "my remote" I picked up the Sony. I don't think I'll ever need to buy another remote. Honestly.

One issue with your review. You wrote "if you quickly press the function button it only switches the remote to the new component but doesn't send out the assigned signal. To switch the amp you have to firmly press the button."

I haven't found this to be true. Either I'm mashing the button too hard, or I don't have the Sony set up right. Any hints?

Thanks Daniel. I wouldn't have a clue that this remote existed if it weren't for your page!

Hosting Services by ipHouse