Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday October 27, 1998 at 19:35
Joe Prokott
Historic Forum Post
Yes, I saw this. However, you can not control what devices get sent IR and what devices get sent RF on a per device basis. This becomes a problem if, for example, you have 2 T.V.'s from the same vendor (e.g., Sony) in your Great Room and Master Bedroom. The RF base is in your Great Room and you go to your bedroom with the remote. You hit "Power On" for your T.V. and then the T.V. in your Bedroom AND Great Room turn on because of the IR and RF being sent simultaneously. There is NO way of turning the RF off on a per source or per command basis. This is not mention that this remote does not have the advanced programmable banks of memory that the Pronto or Mark II have.

This being said, I'm sure someone will refer me back to the Creston product to get this functionality. I don't understand how an $80 remote can send native IR/RF signals, but yet a $400-$500 remote can not even send 1 native RF signal. Furthermore, with the memory banks that these remotes offer, I would think that being able to design the remote to be able to turn on/off the RF generation of a particular command could be done? I surely will not buy some $3500 remote! This is outrageousssss! I can buy 2 very nice Pentium PC's for this price! Perhaps someone who actually designs and markets these remotes can comment on this?

Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse