The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday January 13, 2006 at 14:11
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I can't tell from your post whether you've tried MakeHex (with the .irp file given in that other thread).

With MakeHex, it should be easy to produce all the Denon Kaseikyo signals you might want.

You don't need to worry about the parity rules. I needed to understand those in order to write them into that .irp file. But that is already done, so you can use MakeHex and the parity will be automatic.

If we're talking about the same Irpanels program, I don't know how any data direct from the Denon document could be used. Irpanels needs Pronto Hex as input and it needs Pronto Hex labeled with device and function numbers in a narrower range than are correct for this protocol. One could edit the .irp file to shift the range of numbers in the labels to be offset from the true numbers in the commands. Then IrPanels could be used for a decent size chunk of the commands at a time (though not for the full range of command numbers at once).

But if you know how to use ProntoEdit, I think you should start with direct copy/paste of a few Pronto Hex strings one at a time from MakeHex output to ProntoEdit and through the universal browser etc. to make sure you have other aspects correct before editing an irp file for intentionally wrong function number labels and messing with other complications of IrPanels.

Hosting Services by ipHouse