Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday January 13, 2006 at 12:21
2nd rick
August 2002
Sorry, my searches were for "48 bit", "48 bit hex", and "hex converter". Now that I am searching for the correct terms, the searches are bearing more fruit.

Lyndel, thanks for the link to the search hints, I was not aware that +& - were so useful. Each forum software is different, and this one is vastly different than most of the others I visit frequently as far as tags are concerned.

John, as far as a "fight"... I think that Mr. McGee was defending your honor, although it really wasn't required because there was absolutely no malice or animosity in my posts...

You may have noticed that I started and ended my reply by thanking you (John) for your reply and assistance.

If I can remove the additional posts, I will... If not, I will link them to this one and the other kaseikyo & 5805 threads so future searchers will not stumble across empty threads.

Now back to the issue at hand...
We have tried the IRpanels utility, and it replies with "error code 5" when we attempted to create hex from the data shown for the FM or XM commands directly out of the Denon document.

I have been reading some of John's posts about re-calculating the parity bytes, and we will now try some of the suggestions there.

We have AVR-4806 & AVR-3806 available to test, and a TSU-7500, URC MX-850 & MX-3000, UREI Nevo, and all of the RTI remotes to test with...

We are attempting to get all of these codes deciphered, tested, and included in the respective databases soon...

If anyone has tested codes converted to Pronto style Hex, please post or e-mail them.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse