Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday June 3, 1999 at 23:31
villa7
Historic Forum Post
Some have mentioned the inability to "re-assign" buttons. Does that mean that if a button says CD you can't use it for anything else or can it be used to control something else, but not say the actual item it's used for on the display? Also, is anyone using a Harmon Kardon receiver? That came with an elaborate remote that operates everything fairly well, but has endless rows of buttons the same shape and size. I've been using it long enough to memorize the buttons, but can't. In the dark, forget it. The Sony sounds pretty good, but sounds like you have to use an extra keystroke all the time to turn on the backlight. I imagine you have to hit a function key like TV or DVD, then the buttons are programmed for that component. Is that true? The macro function would solve my biggest dilemna, having to turn on components separately. Is that what it does? Currently I have my TV and VCR plugged into my receiver so they all come on at once. Problem is, I lose my clocks, timers, etc. when I turn the receiver off. I must simplify, my wife hates it now and I have to agree with her :-( Any more of your comments would be appreciated.
villa7

Hosting Services by ipHouse