Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 22, 1999 at 12:28
Spec
Historic Forum Post

I just got my AV2000 and I am disapointed in the remote, but thankful I only paid $109. I have a whole house A/V system and hoped the AV2000 would have been a relatively low cost way of equiping every room in my house with an all-in-one remote. I have had NO sucess with preprogrammed remotes.

Perhaps my benchmark, the Pronto and the RC-2000MkII, are too high, but the AV2000 comes no where near. It is a toy in comparision. Specifically, the screen is low contrast and hard to see even with the backlight on; the lcd buttons are no editable, and ironically, even though it's a sony, the CD input does not accomodate it's 200 CD changers with on-screen menus! Omniremote, the inexpensive remote program for the Palm Pilot is more accomodating than this remote.

The other big problem with this remote is that it is more than twice the size of TWO Palm Pilots. If you are married this remote will get you in BIG BIG trouble.

In short, if you really want a usuable learning remote fork out the bucks and go with a Pronto or RC-2000. Marantz/Phillips know what they are doing when they design a remote. I own many Sony products than are the top of their class, this one, however, is a piece of junk, and they should be embarassed to have their name on it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse