The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday March 29, 2006 at 03:20
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The light sensor also made the first Prontos chew throught batteries pretty fast because it was always on sensing the light level.

If I remember correctly, the revert button is normally grayed out the way we use the Prontos.

The first Pronto programming did not use a computer, but you taught everything to the remote itself and that was it. When you started the remote, it had its factory default programming and the Revert button was grayed out. After all, how can you revert when you are already at the factory setting?

As soon as you started teaching commands, the Revert button became active, because then you were not at the factory default any more.

Once we started programming with computers, this got a little less understandable. When you download a ccf into a Pronto, the revert button is grayed out because you haven't made any changes on the remote itself. And why would you want to revert in normal operation? The remote wouldn't go back to your ccf, it would go back to the factory ccf. So it is nice that Revert is grayed out and your kid can't find out what it does.

Sometimes the Pronto messes up and has to revert just to accept a download. If the button is grayed out, what I have done is to teach it a new IR command; then the button is active and it will revert to the factory default.

Someone told me of a method to make it revert to your own ccf when it messes up, but I haven't been successful with this. Someone made a comment that while you can do that, your ccf has to be pretty darn small to do it.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse