The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday July 29, 2008 at 18:32
Chad T
Long Time Member
July 2004
I've had my 40GB PS3 over a month now and it has been great. I just kick myself for not purchasing it sooner. I was a rather "die hard" HD DVD fan, but have to say that I've smoothly made the transition to Blu and, if anything, I'm actually liking it better due to the PS3's smooth, quick, and reliable operation.

Last night I watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets and upon loading the disc, it warned it might take 2-3 minutes to load due to Java. I didn't time it, but it couldn't have been over 20 or 30 seconds. I've probably watched about 10 Blu-ray movies, including Netflix rentals and I haven't had one problem. Considering the other features of the PS3 (media server, game console, free game demo & movie trailer downloads, movie rentals, Folding at Home, etc.), this is one of the best purchases I've made in awhile. Oh yeah, I love how I'm able to resume most HD movies after stopping them (something I couldn't do with my HD DVD players).

If there is a downside, it is the lack of an IR remote, but I bought a Nyko for $10, plugged in the dongle, learned the codes into my URC remote and it has been working great. I can't turn on the PS3 with my remote, but inserting a movie turns it on anyway. And with the 2.41 upgrade I can now turn off the PS3 without getting up or using the game controller.

Awesome!

Hosting Services by ipHouse