The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday October 31, 2005 at 15:13
turbosquid
Long Time Member
October 2005
I have this remote and it has taken me about 12 hours to get it to a decent point for 4 components including a Media Center PC. However, and this is something that the top tier of Sony Support is supposed to be calling me on is this:

When you create your express functions and it walks you through the steps and wants to learn the power and input signals from your original remotes there is an issue.

for devices such as receivers that have direct access to their inputs and really dont have a single input button on the original remote the syncup for that device will not work. Here is what happens (already tested on 3 rm-ax4000's with various brands of receivers)

1. The only way the input button in the sync-up procedure is active is if there is an input button visible on that components component screen. of course this means for receivers, putting a button on the component screen that does not exist on the factory remote.
2. although this button exists in syncup now, and is active it does not send the input to the receiver for whatever activity you are trying to sync-up (ie DVD input)
3. Wonder why since it just shows an input button on the sync-up page it is not taking on the funciton of the input button for that activity, you just taught it that input while creating the xpress function. Instead it takes whatever is programmed to "input" on the component screen, and remember that button does not even exist on the factory remote, the only way I got it onto the screen is to give it a bogus code from some random remote..

for devices that have a singal input button to cycle through inputs they syncup works fine, but for those devices that have direct access to their inputs via many buttons it does not. further the syncup screen for those types of devices should show the actual button for the input you are trying to sync instead of the "input" button..

any comments?

d
Turbosquid, Geek

Hosting Services by ipHouse