Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday October 19, 2005 at 07:38
azz710
Long Time Member
October 2005
Daniel,

Thank you so much. That, indeed, is the problem, and it also explains why the eject button doesn't work for my DVD/VHS player. I went hunting for this, first in the RX editor and then in the .pdf manual.

In the manual's appendix, I found this tiny footnote: "To avoid accidental recording, the REC key does not work unless pressed for more than 1 second (factory setting)."

Factory setting? Does that mean it's a default? I then went back to the RX editor and remembered an option that I'm ashamed to admit I ignored, the "Key-pressed time" pull down in the Edit Keys dialog. There is no context help in this oddly designed application, but a search for "key-pressed" (one must use the quotation marks and dash in the help search) reveals that this, indeed, is the option to be changed to defeat the delay.

Thanks again for pointing this out, but I stand by my original notion that this device was, in many respects, badly designed and badly supported (by the documentation, such as it is, the software and lower-level Sony technical support personnel).

Jeff

On 10/18/05 19:33 ET, Daniel Tonks said...
Re the record button - I believe the default is
to have a one second hold time requirement on
that button. So it will only transmit after it
is held for one second or longer. I believe this
is customizable.

Hosting Services by ipHouse