Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday February 5, 2007 at 12:49
Ron Aronson
June 2002
I found the manual for the KV-27TS20, which I am sure has a remote similar to the one for your TV.

Here's a picture of the replacement remote, which is kind of expensive. Notice it has buttons for add, erase, and auto program, which is what you will need to change your channel lineup. [Link: newtvremotes.com]

I'm not sure if any universal remotes sold now would have these commands, but the most likely one would be a OneForAll 6820. If you could get one from a place where you could return it if it didn't work, that would be worth a try.

Also, there are things called advanced codes, which work with the OFA remote. There is an advanced code for auto program which might work, but none for add or erase, so you would get the complete channel lineup.

Click here to see the advanced/discrete codes for your Sony TV. To use with an OFA remote you would need to add 00 (two zero's) before the advanced code shown.

If you get the OFA remote, there are many setup codes listed for Sony TV's and maybe one of them would work.

If not you could use the advanced code by assigning the Sony code, press set, then press the 5 digit advanced code.

If I lost you somewhere with all of this, feel free to ask more questions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse