Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 12, 1998 at 00:03
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
Yes, I have the original remote that came with my Sony 8ES receiver.

First, let me explain why this signal is next to impossible to program on any universal remote. When you push one of the input selection buttons the remote sends out a whole series of separate commands -- basically a macro. When I push VIDEO 1 on my Sony remote the "sending" light stays on for a very long time, which overwhelms every universal remote I've seen so far.

Amazingly, when I tried this signal on the pronto it accepted it without any complaint! That's a first in itself.

The problem is I can't properly test it as the only Sony equipment I have is the receiver. When I tried out the learned signal it did switch the receiver to the proper input, however the "sending" icon stayed on for a very short time.

Now, the possibilities are either 1) it stored the first signal (switch input) and ignored the rest or 2) it compressed the signals (removed blank space between them). The latter is a heavy possibility since this unit sends out macros at an incredible rate - what takes about three seconds on the Sony AV2000 (with it’s automatic delays) blips by in a quarter second on the Pronto.

Sorry I can’t be more definite, however I will speak to Philips and ask them if they’ve had any experience with this particular problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse