Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday November 3, 1998 at 07:21
Aaron Schildkraut
Historic Forum Post
In response to "Re: I GOT MY PRONTO!!!" by a helpful person on 02/11/98 18:24:32:

Well... For a few of my components, I liked to
use the last two template pages which are just empty buttons with no labels - the one with 4 smaller buttons on the top and 2-3 screen-width buttons underneath and the other template page which is the reverse of it.

Later I decided that it would be nice to add one of the lower-numbered pages template (for example, one with a numeric keypad on it for direct channel access).

Previously, I had deleted all buttons from the lower numbered template pages so that the last 2 pages would "show through" as the devices page 1 and 2. If I now go back and add the numeric keypad page (lets say its template page 3 in "label" and "learn" mode) as soon as I add the buttons from that page it automatically becomes page 1 for the device - and I assume this is because it's a lower numbered page in the template.

In this example I would have liked it to be page 3 for the device... So to summarize let me give you an example. Lets use a new device that has 8 template pages:

Page 1 = template page 7
Page 2 = template page 8
Page 3 = template page 3

Unfortunately the way it really works out (if I program some buttons from template page 3) is:

Page 1 = template page 3
Page 2 = template page 7
Page 3 = template page 8

So... it seems programmes template pages must appear in the same "order" as they appear in the template.

Hope this was a clear enough explanation :)
Like I said - we'de LOVE IT if you guys would plan on coming out with a cable/software combination that would allow us to program our own templates and order the pages accordingly! But as I said before... a WONDERFUL remote regardless!

Aaron
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse