Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday December 3, 1998 at 12:14
Clay W.
Historic Forum Post
Hi Daniel,
Yes, this can be done at least two different ways:

1. You can assign a code or macro to each Device so when that device is selected, the receiver automatically switches to the correct input. However, Pronto does not *require* you to assign this code. If left unassigned, the source switching will not occur. One or more buttons on the device template can then be programmed to perform the desired switching.

The one limitation of using a device template button to perform source switching is that only a single IR code can be used (i.e., select VCR1). Currently, multiple IR codes (switch source & sourround mode, and ...) can not be done, but I think Philips will change this limitation with the upcoming software.

2. If you have a device programmed with an embedded code or macro, it can be bypassed by holding down the left hard button (near the bottom of the Pronto) when selecting a device. (When you do this, the Pronto-shaped icon at the center top of the touch screen flips to display an icon of the back of the Pronto.) Pronto will then bring up the templates for the selected device without performing any of the switching functions.

By the way, after about one week of Pronto ownership, I am very satisfied. It has clearly made my Home Theater more enjoyable and MUCH easier to use. Before I bought the Pronto, control of my system was not *intuitive* and easily got out of sync. Now, even my wife can control the system.

Clay W.

Hosting Services by ipHouse